Friday, November 30, 2007

Podcasts in Microsoft Zune!

When you hear about podcasts one would think that it has something to do with iPods right? I was surprised to see "Podcasts" as a main menu item in Microsoft Zune! Weird isn't it?? May be not?? Am I wrong when I think about podcasts has something to do with iPods - "the" rival of Zune. So as any geek would do these days I went to Wikipedia. According to Wikipedia podcasts has everything to do with iPods when it started back in 2004, but now the term podcast is used more loosely to refer any digital media distributed over the net using syndicated feeds.

But I think its still odd so see "Podcasts" in Zune! In any case, I love this feature in my Zune. Here are some of the podcasts that I subscribe to:
  1. Anderson Cooper 360° Daily
  2. CNN Business Update
  3. Real Time with Bill Mahar (HBO)
  4. BBC World Service
Happy subscribing!

No comments: